Wargamer’s Cave and the Siegeworld Gaming Club present The Second War for Armageddon a 40K Apocalypse Game Sept 8, 2012
++Recipient: All Imperial Commanders – Hive World Armageddon ++
++Subject: Deliverance Has Arrived++
++Author: Dante Commander of the Blood Angles++
To all Imperial Commands upon Armageddon, your deliverance has arrived. I am Commander Dante of the Blood Angles. I have assumed tactical command of all Imperial force upon Armageddon as well as the contingents of Salamanders and Ultramarines that have accompanied my Blood Angles in answering your plea for help. In the name of the Emperor of Mankind, we will purge the foul Orks that have defiled your planet.
The Second War for Armageddon is a battle based on the background information from “Battle for Armageddon”, a strategic board game released in 1992. This will be a Warhammer 40,000 Apocalypse game between the forces of the Imperium (Imperial Guard, Blood Angles, Salamanders, and Ultramarines) and the forces of Orks.
Entry fees for this will be $10.00 per person payable at the door. Entry fees will go towards prize support for Best Generals. There are initially 14 spots available for this event (7 Imperial spots and 7 Ork spots) so please sign up by PM or e-mailing email@example.com.
Date: Sept 9, 2012
Location: Wargamer’s Cave: 3665 Nameoki Rd., Granite City, IL 62040
Registration Begins: 11:00 AM
Judging for Painting Begins: 11:45 AM
Game Starts: 12:00 PM
The following rules will be used for this scenario game:
• Warhammer 40,000, 6th Edition Rules
• Warhammer 40k Apocalypse and Apocalypse Reloaded
• All Official Game Workshop Published FAQs and Datasheets
• All Forgeworld Imperial Armor Publications and FAQs
Note: The order of precedence for rules is as follows
1. Scenario Special Rules/Restrictions (will be published in advance)
2. Games Workshop rules, Datasheets, and FAQs
3. Forgeworld rules and FAQs (Datasheets for Apocalypse overrides Rules in Imperial Armor)
4. Adepticon INAT FAQ
• Turns will be times. Each player turn will be 45 minutes. Any actions not completed by the end of the turn’s time will not occur. Any actions partially completed at the end of a turn’s time limit are halted immediately and we move on to the next player turn.
• Each player should plan on a 2000 to 4000 point force from one of the following Games Workshop Codices:
o Imperial Guard
o Blood Angles
o Space Marines
• Each player should plan on bringing an army utilizing a somewhat standard force organization (with unlimited points). An additional category will be used, Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD), which includes Super Heavies and Gargantuan Creatures. Note: WMDs will be limited to 0 – 2 and no WMD may have more than 4 structure points.
HQ 1 – 2
Elite 0 – 3
Troop 2 +
Fast Attack 0 – 3
Heavy 0 – 3
Fortifications 0 – 2
WMD 0 – 2
• Formations will take up only one slot in the force organization. (I.e. a Space Marine player brings 5 Predator Annihilators as part of a Predator Assassination formation. This formation takes up only one slot in the force organization. Note that all 5 predators must maintain a formation coherency restriction, which in this case is 6 inches.)
• Formations that have multiple force types will taken on the highest type in the formation. (I.e. an Ork player brings 130 Orks and a Warboss as part of Da Green Tide formation. Since the highest force type in this formation is a HQ, the Warboss, the formation takes one HQ slot in the force organization. Note that all 131 models in this formation must maintain unit coherency of 2 inches.)
• Each Player may choose one free Strategic Asset from Warhammer 40k Apocalypse or Apocalypse Reloaded. Additional Strategic Assets are allowed only if granted by a chosen formation.
• The Strategic Asset “Flank March” is only allowed for a formation that grants it and then can only be used by that formation, regardless of what the Data Sheet states.
• The Apocalypse formation Masters of the Chapter is only available for the player that reserves the Commander Dante Special Unique Character.
• Pulsarokits and Deathstrike Missiles are limited to 1 per player
• The Special Characters Commander Dante of the Blood Angles, Commisar Sebastian Yarrick, War Bose Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka and Mad Dok Grotsnik of the Orks, are restricted to only 1 each for the game; as they are unique (Special Unique Characters) for this scenario. If you wish to play/field Dante, Yarrick, Ghazghkull, Grotsnik you must register for the game and inform me as to your desire to field the particular Special Unique Character. The first to notify me gets squatting rights. I will then send out the Special Datasheets for this scenario for the particular Special Unique Character.
Please post or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) any questions you may have and RSVP for your spot.